THE ISLAND OF KEA
In the northwestern part of the Cyclades, a breath away from Athens, rests the island of Kea or Tzia as the Franks and Venetians conquerors renamed it. Kea does not reveal directly and easily its treasures. Apart from the beautiful blue waters and beaches, Kea has many hidden beautiful sites. You can find some of them through the graphical Ioulida, cosmopolitan Vourkari and cobbled paths.
HOW TO GET TO KEA
Ferry boats depart from the port of Lavrio and the trip duration is about 1 hour. Other ferry boats connect the island of Kea with the rest of the islands in Cyclades.
HOW TO GET AROUND IN KEA
As soon as you arrive to the port of Kea, you will find buses and taxi to take you to your destination. If you choose, you can also rent a car for your transportation needs.
WHAT TO TRY
Traditional sweets, nougat, honey, almond sweets, sausages, loza and paspala (spicy pork pieces), sour (a type of cheese), and of course the famous wine made in the island of Kea named mavroudi.
• Port Authority Of Lavrio: +30 22920.25249
• Kea Coast Guard: +30 22880.21344
• Lavrio Ferry Boat Office: +30 22920.26777
• Kea Ferry Boat Office: +30 22880.21435
• Kea Police: +30 22880.21100
• Kea Municipality : +30 22880.22221
• Regional Medical Center: +30 22880.22200
• Tourist Office: +30 22880.21500